Today Canon has released it’s firmware update for the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, taking it to version 1.1.0
This version adds the manual control over the video function that I wrote about yesterday.
But Canon has put in a few more things in this release, take a look at the list below.
- Includes a function to enable the manual exposure setting when shooting movies.
- Disables the function of the depth-of-field preview button when images are played back or when the menu screen is displayed on the LCD panel.
- Fixes a phenomenon where the peripheral illumination of images cannot be properly corrected, even if the images were captured with the lens peripheral illumination correction function set to Enable.
*Digital Photo Professional software version 3.6.1 or later (for Windows and Macintosh) can be used to automatically correct the peripheral illumination of RAW and JPEG images that were captured in the Peripheral illumination correction setting with cameras that have Firmware Version 1.0.7 or earlier.
- Fixes the algorithms of the Auto Lighting Optimizer function when Custom Function C.Fn II-3 Highlight tone priority is enabled.
- Fixes incorrect indications on the Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, and Ukrainian menu screens.
- Changes the battery information displayed on the camera when using the optional Battery Grip BG-E6.
If you want to read up on how to use the manual control in video mode Canon has put up a pdf to download right here.
Download the firmware here.