Loads of people out there including me is waiting with great anticipation for the new Canon EOS 5D Mark II. This camera with its high 21mp resolution, full HD video recording and a relative low price could prove to be a very big seller for Canon. This camera will appeal to both the people in the studio but the new video mode should prove very interesting for the photojournalists out there.
I have been searching allot on the web finding different videos and images with this new wonder. I have put a little list together for your viewing pleasure. Keep in mind there is download links to both jpg and raw files from the 5D Mark II. Also keep in mind that this content is created with the beta version of the camera.
- Jeff Ascough is a wedding photographer and he has used the 5Dm2 in a real working situation alongside his 1Dsm3. He has images up shot between 1600 and 6400iso. There are 100% crops and keep in mind this is from real use. Besides the images he has put down a few words on how the camera is to work with. Jeff Ascough – 5D Mark II
- Two guys somehow got their hands on the new 5Dm2 and made a video with it. The video is made hand held with no high-tech video equipment. The editing is done on a standard macbook pro. The video is put up in a good quality right here.
- Ankiba Interactive has also put up some images for us all to download. Its a zip package at 274mb containing both jpg and raw files shot with the 5dm2 beta. Download it right here.
- Ankiba has been busy and has also made some comparison between the old 5D and the new 5Dm2. Both day and night shots are available. You can download the zip file right here.
- I bet many of you know Rob Galbraith. A very nice source for news and in depth information. This is the place to go for information on this new baby. They have a in depth look at everything from shutter to battery, connections and the new sensor. Be sure to chek it out right here.
- I found this small music video done with the 5dm2. Its pretty nicely done with some good images. Make sure you watch it in HD and full screen. Go here to see the movie. I did not embed the video since it removes the HD function.
- This little video clip is shot outdoors on a bright day. I think it shows some of the power of the chip in the 5Dm2. The dynamic range is pretty good to say at least. Again a link so you can watch this in HD. Watch it here.
- Want a video sample at a long focal range, well her you go. This little clip of a bird was shot at 1400mm. The video also contains a bit of slow motion. The speed is set down to 16.67% and it looks okay. Watch it here.
- This one is not so much a video done with the 5Dm2. It’s a video review and definitely worth a look. Make sure you check it out.
- This video is shot in London all in one day. There is both day and night photography and it really shows some of the things you can do with the new 5Dm2. Nice effects with focus but also the very high quality in low light. The video is 5 minutes and 47 seconds so there is something to look at right here.
- The most known video out there is properly done by Vincent Laforet and was one of the first to surface. The video was hosted by Canon but was taken down since it simply used all the web traffic Canon had. The video is now back online and is a MOST see. Go right here.
- Vincent Laforet did not only create a very nice video that shoes the capabilities of the new Canon, but also a behind the scenes video that you can see right here.
- Ok so it should not all be about the video. Here is a link to a site with some great shots of a bride. These are done on high-iso but the quality is just amazing. If you click the images they will go to full-ress so you can judge everything at 100%. Head over to prophotonut.com
- I bet lots of you people out there know
I think this is about all I have come across the last couple of days. I hope you enjoy it and maybe leave a comment in appreciation. Also if you have some good material not on the list, feel free to post it in a comment.
Thank you very much,your site is perfect
Good to see so much info out there on this camera.
You know so many interesting infomation. You might be very wise. I like such people. Don’t top writing.
[…] more here: 5d Mark II Samples, video & pictures 5D Mark II – Specs and […]