Thought I would share a few thing on how to get a little more speed into Adobe PhotoShop CS4. I will list a few points you need to have look at and in the end share to links to where you can find detailed information.
Here are the things you need to have a look at:
- Scratch disks
- Adjust the cache levels
- Image window management ( on the mac )
- GPU use
- Minimizing palette preview thumbnails
- Reduce the number of History states
- Reduce patterns and brush tips
- Allocating more memory to Photoshop
These are the point that I have found most usefull. Feel free to look into some of the other points on the list.